Monday, November 30, 2015

GLArts: Story Rewriting and Vocabulary

Third Draft of your story
You should now have 2 versions of your story in your document. In the bottom of your document, mark a section for the Third Draft; you may copy and paste anything from the second draft you want to use.  

Focus creating a setting for your first person narrator.  Where are they when they are thinking about these events in their lives?  What are they doing? Describe the sights, sounds, and textures, etc.

For example, if the narrator says:
I feel about as disgruntled as my neighbor's cat after my cousin lured it into the dryer for a ride.   Who would  have thought that such sorrow and lament could result from the business of a few pigeons?

You might imagine where he would be when revisiting this memory:
In this doleful hour, I sat with my head in my hands on the hard, grimy tiles that mostly covered the floor of this 24 hour laundromat.  I watched the evidence of my chagrin slowly disappear in the suds and water that swirled in the washer's round window.  Behind me, a cheap top-load washer began rocking loudly, waking me from my reverie without compunction.  I feel about as disgruntled as my neighbor's cat after my cousin lured it into the dryer for a ride. At least he had his hair dried and fluffed. Who would  have thought that such sorrow and lament could result from the business of a few pigeons?
Julian, I would like you to take this time to compose a story using as many words as possible from the vocabulary list "Words of Sadness."  Do your best to describe a setting, character, and at least a basic plot, especially conflict and resolution.  Please type this in a google doc and share it with me.

Vocabulary Review
Take what time you have left to review your vocabulary words.  I will be including a few review words in all of the following vocabulary tests.  

No comments:

Post a Comment